07 February 2011

A Question for Costco

As a longtime Costco Executive member myself, I was stunned to learn that Costco has a policy that members may not carry guns in the stores.  Stunned, because it's a secret policy.  With their membership warehouses concentrated in western states where millions of  Americans carry concealed weapons, Costco is obviously afraid of losing big money if this policy becomes common knowledge.  And they're right to worry.  They've lost me, and the thousands I spent annually, forever.  This chickenshit policy would have been plenty to cause me to leave, and their cowardice has sealed the deal for life
.
So I ask you, Costco Management and Stockholders:  If I, an intelligent, inquisitive and observant person and a passionate 2nd Amendment advocate, couldn't personally discover or hear through the grapevine about this secret policy after more than a decade of Costco membership, how in the hell could Eric and his girlfriend know about it when they had only become Costco members an hour before your clowns set his death in motion????

(As due diligence, before writing this post, I stopped by a Costco this morning and found that there is still no warning sign at the entrance.  This policy is not disclosed in the Executive Membership application, which I now have a fresh copy of...)

No comments: